Events in Scotland
- Nature Explorers
- 15.09.2012 - 15.09.2012 10.30 h - 12.30 h
- David Livingstone Centre - Blantyre
- Family and Kids
Indoor activities will be held if the weather lets us down.
Parents can drop their children off before enjoying a snack in the tearoom, or accompany them if they wish.
Sensible clothing and shoes advised. Accompanying adults are free.
Dates & Times:
- 12 May 2012 : 10:30 - 12:30
- 16 Jun 2012 : 10:30 - 12:30
- 17 Jul 2012 : 10:30 - 12:30
- 07 Aug 2012 : 10:30 - 12:30
- 15 Sep 2012 : 10:30 - 12:30
- 13 Oct 2012 : 10:30 - 12:30
For further information please call 0844 4932207
- David Livingstone Centre - Website
- 165 Station Road
- G72 9BY
- Greater Glasgow & Clyde Valley
Scotland's most famous explorer and missionary was born here in 1813, in a single-roomed house in Shuttle Row - today a Grade A listed tenement.
It is now part of the museum that tells the story of Livingstone's explorations in Africa and is home to a wide range of his personal belongings and travel aids.
Find out how he grew from a lowly factory boy to become an African explorer and a hero of the Victorian age.
The museum also gives a fascinating insight into the harsh conditions endured by industrial workers in the 19th century.
EventList powered by schlu.net